It is amazing how quickly time has gone by since my last post. We have been extremely busy the last two months taking full advantage of the extended fall weather completing numerous construction/renovation projects.
Immediately after aerification was completed in early October we have been in full renovation mode working on drainage improvements, bunker and tee renovations and a major landscape enhancement at the restroom on hole #4.
The work this fall alone we have completely renovated in house a total of 9 tees and 6 bunkers. Although we have done a lot we still have a long way to go to complete the long term renovations in these areas. We have a total of 82 tees of which all need varying degrees of work ranging from leveling, drainage,irrigation, new rootzone mix, tee expansion and re-grassing. This fall we have started with the most problematic and heavily used tees so that an immediate impact is made for next spring. As time goes on we will work through all of them in order of usage by both the men and women until all of them have been re worked.
New Rootzone Mix Being Installed
Washed Out Sand Contaminated With Silt
Newly Installed Plant Material